Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Friday, January 15, 2010

Another weekend of Work Camp

So I'm having friends over tonight and am getting paranoid already that I am going to drink too much wine. I have this nice malbec I'm excited about. yumm. ok. lost myself. They think I'm joking when I say that I have to get up at 7am tomorrow morning (Saturday) but clearly they do not realize that my weekends consist of hard labor that begins at 9am on the farm. Yes, I live in Manhattan during the week, have a job that to my friends and relatives from central PA that seems "glamorous", I'm a little bit high maintenance, and I do take pride (probably too much) in my appearance. A typical high-strung super driven, slightly psychotic but endearing nonetheless, City Girl. So I'm a bit out of sorts when my husband forces me to get on the roof of the barn and remove shingles. Remove shingles? wtf? I swear to you, I almost fell off the roof because I was wearing platform rain boots and lost my balance while trying to pry out a stubborn nail (one of those ones that you hammer, not that you paint). When I realized that my NYC friends really didn't understand what the f is going on in my new weekend farm life, I thought I'd start a blog. A place to bitch and moan about the back pain, shoulder cramps, and cracked rough hands that have begun invading my previously simple city life after my husband and I bought a 23 acre farm in Frenchtown, New Jersey. A decrepit farm in need of some SERIOUS work I should say. Let the bitching and moaning begin

No comments:

Post a Comment