Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Only a mild Headache

It wasn't so long ago that we would be lying in bed on Saturday morning, groaning when the garbage truck came and wondering why the hell it had to come so early. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I was not only awake before the garbage truck came, but I was also cleaning up a steaming pile of shit when it arrived. Fortunately today it was milder than it has been in weeks so standing in the cold waiting for the dog to take her sweet old time letting one drop was a lot less torturous than usual. The dog. Oh the dog. Another one of Tim's scams. Don't get me wrong, I love the little bear-wolf to death, but we just did not need a dog. "It's for the farm" he said to which I replied "that's great but we are still living in the city" but somehow my logic was bypassed and we now have a German Shepherd puppy living in our five floor walk up apartment. Yes, she's only 21 pounds at the moment but she'll be 70+ in just a few more months. I just keep telling myself that never have I seen so many sunrises and I should feel invigorated by the cold air. Myself doesn't always listen, but I keep telling her anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment