Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Friday, September 24, 2010

Husband of the Year Nomination

If there is an actual contest for HUSBAND of the YEAR, I would officially like to nominate my husband Tim. Despite the fact that he's generally just a good working and supportive guy, he surprised me with an amazing gift yesterday. I did not deserve nor expect said gift which makes it even more impressive. The background: because I am currently now working from home,as we newly unemployed like to call it,I was offhandedly moaning about how much it sucks to work at the kitchen table- I find myself snacking compulsively and unknowingly. All of a sudden you're writing or on the phone and you find your hand in a bag of pretzels and you're not even sure how you even got to the cupboard.
Irritating thing nĂºmero dos is that the ol' cell service is patchy in the kitchen. I can't take another "what? Lost you there". I really can't. And then there's the dog who I do love having around but all she does when I'm working is mope and sigh and make me feel guilty for not taking her outside every second of the day. Needless to say, I don't get a lot of work done. So I of course blamed the kitchen and said that I was going to buy a desk to put in the spare room. Before I could even get on the bus to Ikea,Tim built me a desk. And an amazing one at that. Check this thing out. Ok I can't figure out how to upload the pic from this stupid new phone. Will do it soon I promise. Til then, you can imagine...

Love love. Husband of the Year, I'm telling you. At least a nominee anyway.

And I just wanted to share that HOTY and I are currently sitting in the most heinous traffic of all time on Broome St on our way to the farm. If I were in the driver's seat like HOTY is right now, I would be road raging and close to murdering an innocent person or traffic cop. He's damn calm though. Just throwing that out there so I can lock down that nom.

Here's to getting to the farm before 3am...

1 comment:

  1. It's no coincidence that Husband of the Year (HOTY) so closely resembles HOTTY.

    ReplyDelete