Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mail Keeps Gettin Stranger


From COUNTRY WOMAN magazine to the handwritten Kitten Murderer note to the NRA catalogue, ever since we bought the farm, the mail just keeps getting stranger. And now it has even started to hit our Manhattan apartment. I just checked the mailbox downstairs and in addition to the usual mix of parking tickets and bills, I found SCHNEIDERS: VALUE PRICED HORSE SUPPLIES SINCE 1948. Thank God it finally arrived! I haven't been able to sleep knowing that the annual Dura-nylon Ocala Legstrap Blankets sale was coming up. (The cover really does boast "Warm Winter Fashion".)

Ok, I shouldn't poke fun because I'm sure that dura-nylon and ocala mean something important to somebody, somewhere. I just never expected a magazine that specializes in horse attire to ever be addressed to me.
It's not like it was a generic catalog that could have been passed off to "current resident". Nope, it is a very specific catalogue with my name on it. I mean, I like horses as much as the next guy. They're nice to look at and seem like pleasant creatures. I've just never really had anything to do with them so it's baffling to me that I have officially been recognized by the leading carrier of horse supplies and the US Postal Service as a person who likes horses enough to want catalogs full of mane brushes and equine bathing systems. I'm sorry, but I'd rather get the fall Saks catalog (for humans).


No comments:

Post a Comment