Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flashbacks

I stopped by the B-Bar last night to pick up a friend on the way to a Tribeca Film fest party and found her out on the back patio. I sat down at the table and was chatting away but felt this presence looming over me. Watching me. I couldn't shake this creepy feeling and it really didn't make sense. I was with friends drinking cocktails on an outdoor patio, nothing sinister there. Until I looked up....

That's when I saw the twisty vines looking down at me, laughing and tempting me to come chop them down. I felt my clipper hand shaking with excitement and my heart started beating faster. I HAVE to get those vines down, I thought. Those hideous invasive poison ivy vines. Thankfully, my friend pulled me back to earth by reminding me how bad my hair looked (lumpy pony) and I was able to resume normal conversation. But I just had to take a pic before I left. See? there is really no difference. (except for the Christmas lights that are unsuccessfully trying to mask the horror)


Whoever designed the B-Bar will probably never realize the cruel joke that he/she played on me but I'm confident that a big hunk of poison ivy is having a good laugh down at the farm right now, knowing that it has me in its grips no matter where I may be, no matter what I may be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment