Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Friday, April 16, 2010

Let's Get Philosophical

Is opportunism wrong?   Discuss.




We had dinner at a very well-to-do woman's home last night. And by woman, I mean someone much younger than me. And by well-to-do, I mean absolutely ridiculously fucking loaded. She has a four bedroom-3 bedroom apartment in downtown Manhattan with killer views. It is probably worth 3 million, if not more. She also has a compound at a very famous ski resort. And by compound, I mean compound. Did I mention she's twentysomething? Okay, she's loaded. No denying it. You get it. And now the conundrum.

My issue is that I am having a hard time wondering if I can ever really be friends with her or will her ridiculous wealth ruin that possibility? I really like her and get along with her. If I met her at a bar, friendship would be inevitable, but now that I know that she eats pieces of shit like me for breakfast, I am not sure that we can be friends. Part of that comes from doubting myself and my motivations. I saw one of my other friends bending over backwards to kiss her ass and shower her with compliments and get all snuggly bunny with her in a manner that was just shy of prostitution. No sex was exchanged in reality of course but let's just say, had Rich Girl asked, it could have happened. And now I'm referring to her as Rich Girl. See? It might not be possible for me to overlook her wealth. I will constantly be second guessing my motivations. Do I like her or do I just like her lifestyle? Maybe my friend really truly likes her and is not trying to weasel her way into the will. Maybe the world is full of good people who get along regardless of stature. And maybe I will win the Lottery. Sigh. You may say I'm a dreamer...
but I'm not the only one.

1 comment: