Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quote of the Day

"If you buy one more pair of shoes, we are getting a divorce."

My question to him is does that only include the shoes that he knows about or does it count retroactively so that it includes all shoes purchased before and up to that moment? Because I bought two pairs of shoes last week and another pair the week before that he still hasn't seen and I am wondering if I should have the receipts on hand as proof of the dates of purchase or if it doesn't matter anyway because he's talking about the specific set of shoes that he knows about and despises, from today onward. Just need a little clarity so I can prepare myself mentally if I'm going to be signing divorce papers.

MALE JUDGE: Too many shoes? I hear you, brother. My ex and I parted ways over handbags. Who pays a thousand dollars for a handbag? Christ almighty.

FEMALE JUDGE: Too many shoes? I'm sorry, but that is not grounds for divorce. What do you want, some nasty slopdog who lets it all fall to shit the day after you get back from the honeymoon, eating french fries and farting out loud and trading her sexy, strappy sandals in for Naturalizers and Crocs? Men. You can't win.

Divorce not granted.

1 comment:

  1. nice work. just read about the shoes. get the papers prepaired! get rid of the amex and get your life undercontroll.
    beyond board [sic] with your financial ineptness
    love
    tim

    ReplyDelete