Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Monday, August 16, 2010

Citygirl/ Farmhand/ Adventurer

Holy crap, just got back from a life changing cross-country motorcycle adventure. Unfortunately, I'm still battling with a bad case of vomiting/other stuff for the past 48 hours due to some nasty river water or I would be a tad more animated but damnit, I must begin the recap! I will probably do it over the course of a few days so let's just call this Part One in the Three Part Series that I shall heretoforth call...

The Adventures of Citygirl/Farmhand and Tim

Part One
Friday, August 6, 2010

Leaving New York was quite the nightmare. We woke up at 5:30am, not to catch our flight, but to pack and clean the apartment, get Zelda to her babysitter (Dean), and to finish out Tim's payroll and receipts at the shop. I also managed to squeeze in a trip to DSW for some motorcycle boots, a trip to Century 21 for a leather jacket, and a trip to Bloomingdale's for a birthday present for Tim. Seeing as though I know that Tim is going to read this and complain, I should emphasize that I only did these final three things because I ABSOLUTELY HAD to. It wasn't my old fashioned self, just shopping for fun. I mean, you can't ride a motorcycle in sneakers and a winter jacket. You just can't. And I had to get the birthday present before we left so he could open it before his actual bday on the 9th. Unfortunatley, he did not like the present, claiming that it was "too expensive" but we all know that really just means that he didn't like it. Whatever. Who wouldn't like a beautiful black leather Jack Spade bag to replace their crumbling to shit briefcase? Apparently Tim wouldn't. Whatever.

Ok, so after a day of mild insanity and running around like maniacs, we headed to JFK with our two tiny bags a piece (no room on the bike) and wearing as many sweaters, jackets, pairs of pants, and pairs of socks that we could squeeze on in order to save more luggage space. That was really awesome in 90 degree weather btw. I was literally wearing a sweater, a leather jacket, jeans, heavy boots and long underwear. I was so hot that it came full circle. Note to self: wear more jackets in summer.

We arrived early at JFK since Tim is one of those annoying nerds who gets all paranoid when he flies and has to get to the airport three hours before takeoff like a grandma. I used this as an opportunity to test out the quality of wine in the newly renovated JetBlue terminal. I had a pretty decent Tempranillo. Kudos to you, JetBlue. Another glass later and it was time for takeoff.

I woke up in Oakland, dazed and confused, thought I lost my bag in my haze (I didn't), got reprimanded by Tim for being in a daze, then went outside to meet up withTim's friend, Craig, who picked us up and drove us back to his place where we spent the night. The next morning, we got up early to pack our stuff up and load it onto Craig's motorcycle that he was kind enough to let us borrow for 10 days. Here is Tim on the bike, surrounded by all of our shit. We packed as light as we could but hey, I'm still a girl who likes to look pretty some times and it takes some very specific tools to achieve that.
So we loaded her up, Tim complained about how heavy it was from all my shit (and I think I sensed a jibe about my fat ass in there or maybe I just made that up) and we hit the road, headed north to Napa to meet up with some friends and get drunk on wine....

Shit, I have to go pick up the dog! But I will continue tomorrow. And yeah, there might be more than 3 parts....

1 comment: