Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bonjour Madame

Wow, it was just sort of hard to log into the blog! I'm in France for work for 10 days and I guess the server automatically translates everything according to the country you are in. "Connexion" proved to be the same as "sign in". Not that tricky I suppose but it did take a sec.

I just quickly wanted to bitch about the fact that I am so old that the French don't even pause to consider calling me "mademoiselle". Nope, it's just straight up "madame", no questions asked. I mean, not a single person on the hotel staff even thought about calling me "mademoiselle" and aren't they supposed to be kissing your ass a little bit? That secures it. I am old. They look at me, they say she is obviously way too old to be a young miss. Way way too old.

The worst is that I was feeling sort of good about myself about in my new Cannes-specific dress (that my  friend made me buy one afternoon when we were drunk on margaritas) then I stopped in at the hotel to take a short break and heard "Bonjour, Madame" about 47 times before getting to my room. It started turning into a horror movie where the staff in their uniforms got all elongated and haunted mirror funhouse warped and their voices got all deep and slow and I started running and they turned into clowns and chased me with knives in French maid outfits with red noses. Not really! I'm just jet lagged. Bonjour Madame was indeed a real nightmare though. Far too real.
Oh well, at least I am staying in a nice hotel and have a cute dress.
Here is a pic of my dress for Sarah. Please note the sailor rope. Like I said, Cannes specific. Ooh la la.

No comments:

Post a Comment