Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Monday, July 12, 2010

Luxurious Towel Spreads


As I was just laying me down to sleep, I looked at our bed in shame. We are so behind in everything right now and have completely lost all interest/ focus on our apartment that this is our bed spread.

No, that is not an illusion. That is what it looks like. And I'm not just talking about the terribly mismatched pillowcases. We really have been using hand towels as a blanket(s). Let me explain--although there is really no decent explanation-- all of our laundry is stuck at the cleaners because they are only open from 7:30am-7pm and neither of us has been home during those hours for the past two weeks. To add insult to injury, this morning, I woke up for a minute at like 5 to go pee and when I came back, Tim had stolen my own personal hand towel to use on his feet with his personal towel spread across his midriff. This is a clear and obvious violation of the towel pact- we each get one hand towel. I had to steal it back and what followed became a pathetic, tired people's battle over a piece of cloth that is maybe, at best, 8 " by 8". We really need a few days to collect ourselves. This whole farm ordeal is truly killing us. And our civility.

* stay tuned for back pain stories tomorrow


2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha, i had the same problem too! No time to pick up laundry, these places gotta extend their hours of oprations! Annie its hillarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I feel perhaps you and Tim should splurge one of these days and throw a dish-washing towel into the mix. I know it sounds decadent, but wall street is on its way back up, and it's time to start living large again.

    ReplyDelete