Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Only YOU could pull that off

As I was applying my eye makeup this morning at my too-fancy-for-its-own-good gym, I was wearing the gray dress pictured below when an older woman came up to me and said "Oh, I love your dress." I turned to her and said "why, thank you" with genuine enthusiasm as it's extremely rare that anyone says anything nice at my gym or even acknowledges my existence at all (I'm not rich or old enough for the Regulars). Then she lingered on my face for an awkwardly long moment until I almost started losing my smile and she finally broke the prolonged silence by adding "but only YOU could pull it off" and then walked away. I stood there, very confused for a few minutes. Was she saying that because only someone as gorgeous and fantastic as me could pull it off? Please. You know that is not what I thought! I was immediatly like, what the hell does that mean? Does she mean only someone so tall and oafy could pull off something so flowy and awkward lengthed? Or does she mean that I'm weird and freaky-deaky and that it works because I'm a young Cat Lady in the making? Or maybe it's because I have a big butt and small boobs and this cut is flattering because it minimizes my maximus and enhances my tiny tee tas? Oh, the thoughts rambled on and on and on and on...
all morning and into tonight actually- I just went to the bathroom and looked at my dress and said aloud "only YOU could pull it off" and wondered again what she meant. The tone was unreadable but that prolonged stare really threw me off. It was delivered like a witch's curse. Only YOU could pull it off, my pretty, cackle cackle cackle cut to the future and I'm 78 years old and still wearing the same dress, cursed to wear it every day for the rest of my life.

And to think that I really and genuinely liked it, not 10 hours ago. That witch lady really shattered my confidence.

Check it out below. I honestly don't think it's that weird but what do I know. And whatever you do, don't try to wear it yourself






6 comments:

  1. Didn't I see that on Gilt Group? I didn't buy it b/c only YOU could pull it off. Cackle Cackle Cackle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!! Don't read too much into it, or if you do, read into her insecurity and jealousy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're nuts! You look amazing in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Amanda! awesome dress...jealous lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankfully i did not run into that lady this morning because i pulled another Working Girl and forgot my real shoes so I had to wear sneakers with a long black sundress...not cute, on me or anyone else...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have bitch slapped that NYC Housewife in the face with your sweaty gym towel....!!! Next time tell her to take a picture and let her know you would be happy to autograph it...because you're about to make that dress famous...BEATTCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete