Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Floor that Changed Everything

Tim finally taught me how to drive this thing! I think it's called a skid steer.

I took off work Friday so I could spend part of the day with Tim on the farm before heading off for Girls Weekend (he was sad without me :() and also because I was so excited to see the new floor. They poured the cement after last weekend's radiant flooring debacle and fortunately the pour was much smoother than installing that terrible hot pink tubing because it looks great.

I guess it's kind of hard to tell in these pictures and well, it's a floor, but I swear it looks amazing! I have honestly never really had an emotional reaction to a floor before. I think the enormity of what we have accomplished so far finally hit me and I was really able to visualize the final building. It is really and truly not that far off at this point. Let's examine the progress up to now, shall we?

Just a few months ago, it was this building:


and then it was this terrifying pile of rubble:

and now, it is this:

...which means we are really close to having a building. Seriously amazing.
And btw, when I say that I am impressed by how much "we" have accomplished, I should really emphasize that my hubby did the majority of the work and while yes, I broke a few nails and got poison ivy (twice) and spent so much time in the sun that I'm now trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for a facelift, Tim did the majority of the work and oversaw everything. I knew he was pretty incredible before, but this really hit it home for me. Ok, I'm going to stop getting sappy now but I felt that he deserved some major credit here. He is really creating something amazing and I can't wait for the finalized project. True, it might not be finished before I am dead, but we will at least have Phase 1 which is this building done in a year or so. Exciting.


and yes, we carved our name into it...


(Tim drew the heart)


I also must admit that I had a nice Walden moment when I sat down on the edge of the floor here and just listened to the birds for a little bit. Haven't felt that peaceful in maybe, well, ever. OMG, i'm getting so Thoreau. 
Uggh, maybe I should sneak over to Barney's during lunch and detox from all that natural wonder. I don't want to get soft. 

3 comments:

  1. thanks honey. steel might be erected this weekend. love u lots.
    tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. but only if you can tear yourself away from pinkberry for 2 days

    ReplyDelete
  3. only if the steel that's erected is sparkly.....

    ReplyDelete