Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Friday, June 18, 2010

Man Shoulders?

I bought a beautiful silk tank top on Gilt the other day and it arrived in my office yesterday. I was soo excited because I'm hanging out with my girl friends this weekend (farm freedom!) and it came in time to take with me. One. Major. Problem. I couldn't get the damn thing over my head. Okay, I could get it down to my neck but then it got really tricky around my shoulders and I would have ripped it if I pulled it any farther. I actually started hyperventilating and came really close to destroying the shirt when I couldn't get it on, but finally gathered myself and pulled it back off. Three attempts later, I finally had to accept that it was too small. OH. MY. GOD. It was the size I always wear. WTF. I started trying to calm myself and said, hey, you, you're not fat, you weighed yourself just last week and while you ate a lot of those damn cookies that Oscar left in the kitchen at work, you couldn't have gained an entire size. And then I tried the ol' rationale that the designer is just one that runs small. You know what they say about Vena Cava? Their clothes always run small. NO! They don't say that! Back to panic.
What I finally realized is that I have been doing tons of push-ups lately in all these body sculpting and Physique 57 classes and while yes, they have toned my flab and I actually have some biceps now, agggh, they have also given me Man Shoulders!!! LOOK!!! it's horrifying

 If you didn't see that blonde hair hanging down and that (ever so slight) cleavage, you'd think that was a man. I am laying off the push-ups for a while. Looks like it's back to those old 5 lb wussy weights.

1 comment:

  1. I showed that picture to Tim and he said "you don't have man shoulders, you have Madonna shoulders." same thing, jerk!

    ReplyDelete