Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Monday, June 28, 2010

MEN OF STEEL



Again, hard not to talk about men moving steel without it sounding somewhat homoerotic, but this time, I’m honestly just talking about the hardworking fellows who put in the structure for the new building this weekend. So we went from this last week....

to this:


I was honestly blown away when I rolled up on Saturday morning. Those beams literally went up in 5 hours. Pretty insane. Or maybe I just don’t understand the process of construction. Oh right, I don’t...



THE END RESULT:

Amazing to me. But again, what do I know.

So yeah, I slept through the 5:30am call time- SLACKER!- but helped out for the rest of the day. Which was grueling. There were only two injuries, both minimal. One of the victims was me of course- I actually got sandwiched in a big hole under a giant board of plywood. It was actually pretty comical since a) I was stuck there for a few minutes because I couldn’t lift it up off myself and b) I didn’t get hurt . Well, other than this little bruisey cut...

My real injury is the poison ivy all over my back and neck. And yes, I have a long flight tomorrow to Prague and can’t wait to sit there and itch. 

The other injured person was my poor Timmy who sustained two cuts from those long steel thingess that you see all over the place. They are actually sharp. Who knew? He is okay even though the cuts are pretty bad. I dressed them with these fancy blood stoppers made of toilet tissue. Don’t worry! I poured rubbing alcohol all over them first so no, he will not be getting tetanus. Plus, his shots are up to date. I think

This is maybe the most rambling and difficult to follow blog post of all time, but there was so much that happened and so little time to recap it all, that I hope you can just roll with it. Stay tuned for tomorrow's *VIDEO POST*. First video post ever for old CityGirl. get excited 


No comments:

Post a Comment