Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mental European Vacation




I sometimes feel like Audrey Griswold when she imagines herself eating until she is the size of a house. When I came home late from an event last night, I was really hungry because I didn't eat dinner. It was 2am and I should have just gone to bed hungry. But like Jamie Foxx, I blame it on the alcohol.

It's really amazing how two glasses of wine and a cosmo can make you ravenously hungry. I got home and threw open my cupboards only to find two bags of rice cakes. Score! The second Jim walked out the door to take the dog for a walk, I shoved that shit down my throat like I hadn't eaten in days. I even got to that point where in my head I knew I was no longer hungry, but my hands just could not stop and the chewing started to become obsessive. I was in the zone. When Jim finally walked in the door, I snapped out of my daze and looked down at the empty bags in my hands in horror. Did I really just do that? I quickly threw them away before he realized that not only is his wife a hog, but she is a sneaky hog. I then pretended that I was merely sipping a Diet Sprite all along. When he wanted to get it on later, I had a really hard time feeling sexy with 80 ounces of rice cake in my stomach but I endured it somehow. When we finally went to sleep, I was tortured by visions of rice cakes and giant hams and golden turkey wings plagiarized directly from Audrey Griswold's dream. I woke up with a bloated face and a dark sense of shame.

Why can't I be a man? Rusty's dream was so much cooler

2 comments:

  1. I drop a leave a response when I like a article on a site or
    if I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
    It is triggered by the passion communicated in the post I browsed.
    And after this post "Mental European Vacation".

    I was actually moved enough to drop a thought ;-) I do have some
    questions for you if it's allright. Could it be just me or do a few of these responses look as if they are coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing on other online social sites, I would like to follow you. Could you make a list every one of your shared sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?
    Also visit my webpage Discount Coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another fantastic article. The place else may anybody get that kind of info in such a perfect approach
    of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I
    am at the search for such info.
    My web-site :: Grow light

    ReplyDelete