Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Things that go psssst in the night


WARNING: Do not read this if you are friends with my husband and don't want to worry about silently judging him the next time you see him.

This actually happened Sunday night but I haven't been able to wrap my head around it until now. Plus, I wanted to get permission from my husband which I didn't think I would get, but I actually did.

Saturday and Sunday we were down on the farm. Jim and Carlos the Mexi were doing some serious hard labor that involved drilling through concrete. I'll be honest, it looked like torture. I was assigned the menial job of picking up nails since I have a bad cold. *PHOTOS COMING* And I honestly did take a break to get a manicure on Saturday. It wasn't just to pump up the blog, I needed one. I'm losing focus here. Okay, back to my husband...

So Jim and Carlos were sawing into concrete all day long. More of the same on Sunday. Sunday night, Jim was understandably exhausted. (I'm sure Carlos was too but I didn't spend the night with him). He was so exhausted that he fell into a very very deep sleep. I know this because the snoring was ungodly. I finally fell asleep through the snores around 2 only to be awakened an hour later when Jim sprung up out of bed like a total weirdo. I remember saying "is everything okay"? and he just grunted then ran out of the room. I was like um...and then he came back and took off his underwear. I thought he was sleepwalking but then he looked at me, dead serious, and said, I just pissed the bed. I threw back the covers and sure enough, there was a wet spot on his side of the bed. I then noticed that his undies were soaked. After my initial bout of hysterical laughter (quietly because yes, we were sleeping at his parents' house), I looked at him and started to feel bad. He was sort of laughing but also sort of confused. So I got up and helped him take off the sheets. Thankfully he caught himself early so it wasn't a huge pile of wetness and we were able to get back onto the dry mattress cover. As we lay back down, I asked him what the hell happened. Turns out it was one of those classic dreams where you're in the bathroom and trying to pee. He said he even had that moment of waking up and realizing it was a dream because he had to pee in reality but he was too physically exhausted to get up and went back to sleep. A repeat of the standing over the urinal dream started immediatly, although this time, he was in a public bathroom at UC Berkeley. Apparently, he feels freer there and that's the dream that let it out.
A part of me feels bad for sharing this obviously deeply personal story, but well, it happened. I also feel bad because it worries me that he is working so hard that he is losing control of his faculties. This has certainly not happened before in our 7 years together. My poor little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment