Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thirtysomething. Really?

Young Hipster 1:"Why is that old lady here?"
Young Hipster 2: "Her kid must be in the band."

As I woke up this morning feeling totally old, I thought of that show THIRTYSOMETHING that my parents, particularly my mom, used to be totally obsessed with. I don’t remember much about it other than that guy who looked like he was in CATS (and ew, wasn’t he “the hot one”?) and that I found it excruciatingly boring. It was one of those shows like MASH that old people like that made me feel sick to even think about. Uggh, I just shuddered even now. And uch, double shudder, when I realize that I am now the target audience for both those shows and ugh! that I might even like them now and that I am supposed to be at home, watching old people TV like that as opposed to listening to noise rock at Webster Hall...I’m proud/ embarrassed to say that is where I was last night and is the genesis of this whole old feeling. I mean, really. It’s sad when you look at the band and you’re like, those kids aren’t old enough to be able to play a guitar, and then you realize that no, rock bands always have been and always will be that age; I am the one who has changed.

I guess that’s not 100% true because I bet I’d still feel really young at a Rolling Stones concert.

At least I am not into musical theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment