Citygirl/ Farmhand

Citygirl/ Farmhand
Check out those hay bales

The Farm

The Farm
The Farm

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Timber!

Exciting times down at the farm this weekend. I cut down a tree- my first time ever. I sort of felt bad except that it was killing this big pine tree so it had to be cut down to save the pine. A tree for a tree kind of situation. That is a pine, right?
And now that you've
seen the little guy- two of them actually- you are going to laugh when I say that it was actually hard to chop down. This might be because I was using a handsaw and a small ax:



or it might be because I am a total weakling. All I know is that I did it! yes! and I also moved all these loose branches and crap. And! I found an adding machine. I thought it was a typewriter at first, but it's just numbers. So cool. I'm totally dusting it off and keeping it in the house. I had visions of placing it in the guest bedroom, on an old desk. Antique-y.
dreams dreams. The other exciting event of the weekend was the arrival of this other tractor thingee. It was like Transformers down there.


OH and my husband also bought himself a dirtbike. This farm is slowly but surely turning into some sort of boyhood dream/ backwoods hick world. I just have to keep focusing on landscaping, otherwise I might start to get seriously disturbed. Well, at least he looks happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment